Stylearc Skye Top in Liberty Poplin




I was in The Fabric Store recently and while I was waiting at the checkout, I had a little rummage in their remnant basket.  I came across a piece of Liberty poplin the the print Matchsticks.  It was knocked down to the point it would be a crime to leave it behind.


I have been keen to try out Stylearc Skye for a while now after seeing quite a few lovely versions pop up on both Insta and my blog roll.


Because I didn't want to potentially waste my lovely Liberty fabric, I took the measure twice cut once saying to the extreme and took extra care with my pattern measurements.   I actually ended up adding an extra 5cm to the length and 1.5cm to each side.  I found this pattern to run really small.  In lengthening the top I managed to somehow mess up the length and added to the front and not the back and in addition also mucked up the hem curve.  In the process I learnt not to try and carry on a conversation while measuring!  My only solution to the problem was to hack the entire bottom off  and add a new piece.  Fortunately it is in a busy print and unless you look closely you will never notice.


I love the shape of the top and it does look lovely with my olive culottes but despite having a button closure at the neck, it is just about impossible to get off.  I have ripped the stitching under the arms a couple of times now.  For that reason, I will not make this one up again.

Comments

  1. It is great to see this top made up. The sleeves are longer than I would have expected from the line drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, the sleeves do look longer.

      Delete
  2. Nice top pattern to use when you a smallish piece of fabulous fabric. It looks great with your olive culottes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely top, such a pleasing shape to suit your pretty fabric. Its a pity that its difficult to put on/take off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight, I could put an invisible zipper under the arm.

      Delete
  4. The fabric matches your pants beautifully. Such a shame it is difficult to put on and off. The sleeves look a lot longer than the line drawing. Did you extend them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't extend the sleeves. I just added 1cm down the side seam, sleeves included.

      Delete
  5. I can't resist fabric. But did you make the pants? If so the pattern make and number please please and what type of fabric you used. They look amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All the details re the pants are in this post: http://fabricepiphanies.blogspot.co.nz/2016_12_01_archive.html

      Delete
  6. Very very nice. I love those pants too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts