Progress


Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of Christchurch's deadly earthquake of 2011.  While the shakes of the last couple of weeks have been a real reminder of what we have been through, the past year for me has been all about progress. We have been progressively putting back together what we lost in the 2010 earthquake so the past year have been all about renovating.  The end is in sight but it has all necessitated a bit of home decor sewing. I must admit I really am not a great fan of making curtains but it does save a lot of money and mean I can have something unique, a bit like clothes making really. 



My daughter moved out of home last month, into her first flat and took with her some of my furniture.    Somehow she managed to convince me to not only donate the contents of her room but also one of our lounge suites as well which of course necessitated the purchase of a new one and then well, you can't have a new lounge suite without new cushions and because I had fabric in my stash, I couldn't justify the purchasing of cushions.  You know how the story goes!  New cushions made, I still had a completely empty bedroom which my youngest son quickly claimed.  After all of this effort though I was rewarded with a dedicated sewing room for the first time in 17 years.  It was a good opportunity to have a purge and the only things in my sewing room now are fabrics and patterns that I really like.  Everything else has either been thrown out or put aside to rehome.  It has been a couple of weeks now, and I have been very good and managed to keep my new room tidy.  I intend to keep it that way!





While I was in a charitable mood, it was a good opportunity to do some unselfish sewing so over the last couple of weeks I have made my youngest two new pairs of training togs using Jalie 3242, and underwear drawers have also been restocked.



Right!  Now I have all of that out of the way, it is time to make something for me, before I have to make another set of curtains!

Comments

  1. A silver lining in every cloud. Having your own sewing room is a slice of heaven. Nice cushions - they are so expensive to buy considering how simple they are. Good luck to your daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Andrea. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new sewing room too. It's so wonderful to have your own dedicated sewing space.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts