That's A Wrap Folks!




I have been coveting wrap dresses for months now but struggling to make up my mind which pattern to make up.  I knew I needed to pick carefully as not all wrap dresses would be suitable for my shape.  My list of requirements was quite large.  The bodice needed to sit nicely and not droop or expose anything I did not want exposed, aka it had to be work friendly, it also needed to sit nicely in the skirt and I wasn't convinced a traditional wrap would do that on me, oh and it had to skim my hips and not cling.  Enter New Look 6301.  I chose this pattern because all of the versions I have seen have looked really good.  I like New Look patterns, because they are affordable.  Patterns in New Zealand are really expensive and sales are few and far between.



The fabric I chose is a rayon knit that I picked up on the sale table at Fabric Vision last summer with no particular project in mind.  I cut the pattern to size 10 and lengthened the ties slightly.  Other than that it was made exactly to the pattern.


This dress is a really quick make using mainly the overlocker.  I used a twin needle for both the hem and sleeve hem.  I am really happy with the way it turned out and there will definitely be more.

That is it for me for 2015.  I have my sister and her family staying with me at the moment and will be offline for a few days after that! 

Merry Christmas and  Happy New Year!

Comments

  1. This is a lovely dress Andrea. The shape suits you well and the print is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wrap dress choice Andrea. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts