Neglect


After the success of my first McCall's 6992, there was always going to be a second.  Some of my eagle eyed  readers would have spotted this top pop up in Me Made May.  It has taken me this long to take a photograph.  Every time I have worn the top, guilt has crept in until last week I finally did something about it.  Now these photos don't actually show the lovely metallic thread that runs through this fabric but it was the best that I could do.
 


I bought the fabric at Fabric Vision, on their sale table.  It is a sweater type knit with a silver metallic thread running through it.  Just like last time, I cut the top to size 10 but to mix it up a bit I added two exposed zippers in the side seams.


There is not much more to be said about this pattern except that there will be more, in fact there has been more.  I just have to get the recipient of my latest version to stand still long enough for me to photograph her!



Comments

  1. The zips are a lovely idea, great top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, and the metallic luxe thread sounds just gorgeous! I also really like the zips in the side seams; a really nice and interesting detail. Very chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been wanting to try something similar for a while now.

      Delete
  3. Lovely top and the zips are a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Surprisingly silver zips were not an easy thing to find.

      Delete
  4. Clever girl! I've been seeing detailing like this on some upmarket labels in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea with the zips. The sweater knit looks great ( I am always on the lookout for a good sweater knit as I dont like knitting ) and you have combined it very nicely with your sparkly scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about the knitting. While I do like it, I tend to be a little impatient.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts