McCalls Tunic Top




I admired the True Bias Sutton Blouse when it was released but really couldn't justify buying it.  McCalls 7093 however, just jumped into my shopping cart in a recent Vogue/McCalls sale.  It would be rude then not to sew it up!  













I had quite a large piece of georgette left over from Courteney's formal dress which was just begging to be made into a floaty top so it was the perfect opportunity to try McCalls 7093.


I cut the entire top to a size 10 and made no alterations to the pattern.  Well, at least I don't think so, because I admit I didn't follow the instructions.  I used French seams throughout for durability.  



I actually really like the resulting top even though loose tunics are somewhat of a departure from my usual style.  We will have to see how well it integrates into my wardrobe.


Comments

  1. What a lovely style with the diagonal lines and pockets. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have admired this style of top for quite some time.

      Delete
  2. Love it and the color is really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY love this top! It looks fantastic on you. The color is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. You have achieved a great fit too ( without any alterations).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works well in such a floaty fabric, some of these look a bit shapeless, but your version looks lovely. I particularly like the hem at the back and the front pocket detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this style in a sheer fabric as well.

      Delete
  6. I love your version! The color is great and the top suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like simple tops like this to wear with jeans.

      Delete
  7. Absolutely lovely! I'm a big fan of loose tunic tops too. I love the pockets in this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pockets are cute and such a plain fabric needed something to give it a point of difference.

      Delete
  8. I made it in a print and now I want to make it in a solid...it would be perfect with a chunky necklace. Beautiful blouse once again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been eyeing this pattern and your gorgeous version is convincing me to give it try for this coming summer. And those pockets will be handy for dog walking bags:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we might be style mates. Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now why isn't this pattern already in my collection? It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts