Rash Vest


Now, since I have been back to reality for quite some time, it is a good thing that I am finally catching up on my holiday posts.  One thing about a camping trip, there is plenty of time to be alone with ones thoughts.  My thoughts were largely occupied by sewing plans some of which could wait but one such plan was for a rash vest suitable for sun protection on the kayak.  I had a piece of metallic looking lycra that I had intended for young J's swim shorts but open arriving in the mail, Courteney declared it to be too stripper like so it was relegated to the cupboard in disgust.  It may not have been suitable for swim shorts but a rash vest is a whole different story. When I returned from my first camping trip, I put said plans into action.  



The pattern I chose  was my favourite Tessuti tee pattern, the Tessuti Alexa.   I teemed my rubbery looking stripper fabric with some black from my stash and ended up with a very tee shirt looking rash vest which is exactly the look I was after.   I spliced the front and added black panels at the sides, sleeves and neckband.  Finally, I twin needle top stitched the seams and hems.

There is not a lot more to be said about this top, except that it worked a treat and was perfect for throwing over wet swimwear for the walk back from the beach.


Finally, and it does not have anything to do with my rash vest, after watching the kids jump off the bridge in the background for a week, my 11 year old decided he was going to have a go, against his mothers best advice....boys!

Comments

  1. Great rash vest. The black panels look perfect against the 'stripper' fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric now looks a little less stripper like, I think!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts