Back In Black


I put this off as long as I could but it became imperative that I made myself a new skirt when wearing my old ones started to look like I was wearing someone else's clothes.  Vogue 1247 was my starting point.  I cut my usual size in my pencil adaption and ran in the side seams considerably to get it to fit.  The fabric I chose was from my stash in faux leather which is actually some type of synthetic fabric and not pleather at all.  This is actually a good thing because I could imagine pleather being quite unpleasant to wear in summer weather.  There really isn't a lot to add about this skirt having made this version and the original pattern more times than I care to count. 

What can I say....this skirt was about as boring to make as it is to write about.  I would much rather make pretty dresses and challenging jackets than pencil skirts any day but my new resolve to make the type of clothing that I wear constantly, means that a black skirt was compulsory sewing.  It has also mean't that since completion a week ago that this skirt has now actually been worn 3-4 times already.   I may not actually like sewing pencil skirts but I do love this skirt!  The black faux leather lifts an otherwise unexciting skirt up a notch while still being work appropriate.



Comments

  1. I quite like a boring sew sometimes. Makes for a better stress buster for me. Anyway your skirt does not look boring because of the interesting fabric. I can imagine that unless lined synthetic pleather may not feel nice during any season but I have never used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the new generation faux leather, it is so much nicer than the horrible pleather of past.

      Delete
  2. The fact that this is made of faux leather makes it all worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little slow on the faux leather band wagon but since it is everywhere, well, who am I to argue!

      Delete
  3. There is nothing boring about a well made and great fitting skirt. This looks like it will be a valuable addition to your work wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already is! I think I have worn it perhaps 2-3 times per week to date.

      Delete
  4. We all need good wardrobe staples and this is no exception, and it is a great looking and fitting skirt. Sometimes it is just good to make something that is an easy sew, then we're ready to tackle the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I seem to be sewing a lot of self gratifying staples at the moment.

      Delete
  5. I don't think you can beat a black skirt. They provide the wall for a gallery of prints and styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I have a thing for print tops at the moment and black is the perfect compliment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts