Autumnal Pants


With all the rain of late, I found a gap in my wardrobe in the pants department.  I am well stocked for jeans but trousers are in short supply.

I bought this stretch cotton sateen to make summer capri length pants but time got away on me and now they have been made considerably longer for the cooler weather.  The colours I feel are more condusive to winter wear anyway.

Using my TNT Sewaholic Thurlow pattern, I extended the legs and included the back welt pockets.  Because the fabric is quite stretchy, I lined the waistband with leftover black non stretch cotton denim.  I also aded buttons and buttonholes to the back welt pockets to prevent gaping.


There really isn't a lot more to add that I haven't said before when it comes to this pattern.  I like the fit these pants produce so am not tempted to try another pattern.  I do feel though it may be time to mix it up a bit and add some different details to this pants pattern.



One thing I did find with this version in stretch cotton sateen, is they grew as the day progressed.  I don't have a huge problem with the looser fit though, because loose printing pants are the trend at the moment and a trend I haven't yet been game enough to try. Inadvertently I get the best of both worlds!

Comments

  1. Very nice pants. Fabulous fit and those welt pockets are so neat. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This pattern I have nailed. I can't say the same for other pants patterns!

      Delete
  2. Andrea you are a very talented seamstress. These pants Will go with so much. Good move on making them a cool weather garment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Although the summer version have seen a lot of wear, it was certainly a good decision.

      Delete
  3. Amazing jeans. The fabric is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It certainly helps yo have nice quality fabric.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts