Trackies.....well sort of!





I wanted a pair of comfy pants for sitting around in the evenings on our pending camping trip.  I don't 'do' track pants but do like yoga pants.  I have had Kwik Sew 3443 in my pattern stash for a couple of years now, unused, so this was my starting point.  



What can I say, despite my happy looking photo, I am suitably unimpressed.  I made these up in a very stretchy heavy lycra knit and made view A.   There were just ridiculously big everywhere so I cut the waistband off and virtually started again.  I laid my Jalie Jeans pattern on the trousers and this became my new leg shape.  Out of the small amount of leftover fabric I cut a wide foldover waistband.  I added elastic to the waist seam and concealed it with top stitching.   

The pants are still a little too big around the middle but, hey, they were made for Christmas camping and these were super comfy to wear after all those waist increasing Christmas goodies.

Comments

  1. These are definitely way above trackie status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stretchy yoga pants are the go at Christmas, definitely!
    I've nominated you for a Liebster award, if you are interested in taking part. The link to my blog is http://lasartora.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/of-awards-and-other-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look good on you though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga pants my dear, not trackies! They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts