Tessuti Lola Tees


Am I the only one that decides two days before Christmas that they desperately needed a new tee shirt?  Of course not!  When you get an itch you have to itch it right? 

I downloaded the pattern and it seemed like spent forever taping it up and set to work with a remnant in my stash.  I couldn't decide which size to make up and based on my measurements chose size medium.  I neglected to take negative ease into account and unfortunately version one is too big.  Never mind, I will just have to wear a camisole underneath.  The pattern just left the sleeves with a raw edge to roll but I didn't like this finish so added 1.5cm to the length and hemmed them with twin needling.



Version two, I made out of much stretchier fabric and went down to size small.  I cut the neckline a couple of centimetres higher and added 1cm to the width of the neck.  This proved to be a much better size for me.  I don't know quite what went wrong with the stripe matching though!  Who am I kidding, I know exactly what went wrong!  I rushed the cutting of this and matched the stripes at the shoulder.  I should have matched them under the arm.  They do meet up but the colours don't match...doh!


The verdict though!  I love this tee!  It is very forgiving of Christmas goodies and those 4pm drinks and nibbles in the sun!  It is a definite winner in my book and there will be more when I find the right fabric.  As simple as this top is, I actually took the time to read the instructions and I am glad I did.  I finally found the secret to perfect neckline ribbing.  The instructions, although in imperial measurements (what is up with that Tessuti), have you divide the back neck in half and remove 3/4" for each section of neckband and repeat with the front.  It works perfectly and is something I will repeat on other tops.  Thanks Tessuti!  This is now my new TNT.

Comments

  1. Well you are starting the year off with a great pattern ~ looking forward to seeing plenty more of these made up in 2014 ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard lots of good things about this pattern. I love the neck line and the looseness around the waistline. Very forgiving. Your versions look lovely and I can see the improvement in fit with your second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is a little hard to tell with sizing and the green fabric has very little give. Never mind, it was just a remnant.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts