Quiet Reflection


My youngest returned to school today somewhat reluctantly. The newspaper this morning warned of the mercury potentially soaring to over 40 degrees today so school, was the last place he wanted to be.  I walked into the classroom this morning and was greeted with a scene more in keeping with a picnic than a classroom.  My son's new male teacher had removed all of the desks and chairs and replaced them with wooden picnic tables like those found in parks and which usually reside in the outdoor lunch area.  Decorating these tables were a colourful collection of sun umbrellas.  I knew at that point that J's first day in year 5 would be a good day!  I still have a couple of teenagers to extricate from the house but their return to school will happen progressively over the next couple of days.  

Despite the light hearted manor in which my youngest was greeted by his new classroom, I know he would rather be doing what he did yesterday and that was this....


taken after a morning run with me and before the requisite vegemite on toast for breakfast.  I love the summer holiday break!

Today I am planning a little sewing and perhaps swimming and in an effort to stay cool I am wearing this dress.  It is one of my favourite makes of the summer.

Comments

  1. I too love the summer holidays and I, unlike a lot of other Mums at school, wish it could last and last. What a great idea your son's teacher did! How inviting.. will it stay all year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the caretaker may have something to say if his tables are not returned but I am sure this teacher will be full of good ideas.

      Delete
  2. You look so relaxed, what a perfect day to be sitting by the pool. The new teacher sounds fun, such a great way to start. Jono was on the phone last night ringing all his new Year 9s and today they're touring school and playing mental games - in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new teacher is fantastic. He will have a good year.

      Callum returns tomorrow and his prefect rang and told him to bring his togs which makes him happy. Courteney is in prefect training this afternoon until 4 pm also in the heat.

      Delete
  3. What can be better than spending a day by the pool?:) Great photo!
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have done a lot of sitting by the pool over the summer holidays and some sitting in it as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the stripes and what a great teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My son can't wait to get to school in the morning and that says a lot of a teacher.

      Delete
  5. Love the dress.... and with the weather you've been experiencing hanging by the pool seems like the perfect place to be....and what a cool teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I have done a bit if hanging by the pool. The teacher is still popular after three days so that is a good thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts