I'm Not Finished Yet....


Courteney has been saving all her pennies to go on an overseas school trip next year so I have taken pity on her and I am helping her out with her summer wardrobe.  Today we went out and bought new sandals.  She has two pending job interviews coming up and sneakers and jandals are not job interview attire, hence the new sandals.  I have also been shopping my stash for possible clothing items.  She really liked the fabric I made my coloured jeans out of and since the last pair of shorts I had made her was a disaster, this fabric was her choice for the second pair.



Like my Thurlow shorts, I made Courteney's pair in a size 4.  I cut the waistband to a size 2 because it was a good fit.  I made the side seam 1.5cm as the pattern stated but ran them in slightly at the waist like I did with my own.  I ran the inner legs in by 2cm on each side and added the cuffs.  I did make the cuffs slightly different to the way the pattern stated.  I hemmed them by 7cm and cuffed them by 4cm, thus hiding the hem. 



I used some cotton flannel left over from her school sewing pyjama project for the pocket linings.  I left off the front pocket facing as with the last pair I felt it wasn't necessary.




Courteney is really happy with her shorts and has now asked for a pair in synthetic quick dry fabric to take tramping.

Comments

  1. These look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! - those are great shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great looking pair of shorts - the cuffs are a nice addition as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pattern was actually designed for cuffs but I wanted my own to be a little longer so I left them off.

      Delete
  4. Very cute - I love the bright pocket linings. Where is she planning to travel to next year? I've got 2 kids cooped up in the study this weekend cramming for exams so my sewing machine and I have been reduced to the kitchen table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. She is going to India. I haven't seen too much evidence here of study yet although the books are taking over the house and the stress is making her hair fall out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are like my ideal shorts - I really love them! Gorgeous colour and silhouette. No wonder she wants a second pair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind a pair myself and actually had this fabric earmarked for them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts