The Curse Of Friday The Thirteenth



Let me start by saying, that I am not a superstitious person so I wasn't overly worried by Friday the thirteenth but my day did end up being fraught by bad luck.

As the kids are still on holiday, my daughter was whipping up her latest version of the Jalie jacket.  This time, for herself while I set about cutting out a new shirt in some lovely brushed cotton plaid.  No problem here, I thought.  It was seemingly a nice simple project.  What I did discover however that the fabric is not quite square and unfortunately the bust darts in the front of the shirt threw out my pattern matching...darn, I like my matching to be perfect.  I was starting to get a little fed up and tempted to put away my project until I was in a better frame of mind but didn't want my shirt to become a UFO victim so persevered with my cutting out.  My daughter then came to tell me that the over locker was making a strange noise while she was sewing the band to the bottom of her boiled wool jacket...oh oh, I thought!  This was my commercial over locker and it sounded expensive.  Sure enough, she had broken my underlooper and I knew from past experience that I would need to source the part from Auckland before trying to find a mechanic in our broken city to install and re time the machine....great!  At ten minutes to five on a Friday afternoon, this was not good!

I sent away an email to the Auckland based supplier whom I originally bought the machine from but don't expect anything to happen before tomorrow.  Hopefully he will have the part and I can get it sent away tomorrow because I really need to get some new items made before MMM12.   Oooh, I forgot to mention I was participating in Me Made May.

'I,  Andrea, of Fabric Epiphanies, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one me made item each day for the duration of May 2012'

So now I am thinking, what on earth have I done.  I have signed up with MMM12 and I have nothing to wear.  That may be a slight exaggeration, but with the change in temperature we are experiencing at the moment, it isn't too far from the truth.  I may need to be a little creative in my projects for the next couple of weeks or if I get really desperate, I will have to drag out my domestic over locker.  Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Wow. You have more than one overlocker?? I'm impressed; I have just one evil overlocker, if it broke down that would be it! At least you have a back-up. I'm looking forward to seeing you in me-made May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, my evil one is still working....it is my favourite that isn't....good job really I have kept my domestic one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts