Take Two Tea Towels


I bought my son a new quilt for his bed but unfortunately the shop had sold out of matching pillow cases.  No matter though, I kind of like the eclectic look.  The problem was though, where to find a pillow case that blended in.  I was at Lincraft the other day, when I spied these linen tea towels.  I am quite a fan of the whole French interiors theme going on at the moment and also the Hamptons.  Now these tea towels, although themed on these styles are uniquely South Pacific...perfect for a boy who actually lives in the South Pacific!

I carefully unpicked one end from each of the tea towels to create more length for my pillow case and trimmed both sides before stitching and over locking my pieces together.  I didn't have enough fabric for an envelope closure though, so I whipped out the trusty snap press and added some coordinating snaps to keep the pillow case closed.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts